Lockey

Ann Sansom (Lockey) – The Lockeys

Ann wrote:

“I’m trying to track down records of my family although having some difficulty as I live in Australia.
I know that my grandfather was Baptised at the Christ Church in Hamsterley on the 12th March 1911 and was born on the 18th Feb 1911 to John William & Emma Elizabeth Lockey. I’m trying to locate any information I can about them. If there are any records that can be accessed for more information, that would be fantastic.”

We replied:

“There is another Hamsterley – Hamsterley Colliery near Gateshead. I Googled Christ Church Hamsterley and got a church in the other Hamsterley. I think that might be the church you mean.”

Ann wrote:

“I think you might be right there. I was always told he was from near Newcastle & it’s right near there. The family finds it funny as I married someone from Newcastle in Australia.
Thanks for your help.”

If you can help with any information, please respond via the ‘Leave a Reply‘ box at the foot of the page.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

pf button Lockey

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>