Watson

Edythe Scott – Robert Watson

Edythe wrote:

“I write out of curiosity – nothing more!

“In Bishop Auckland cemetery there is a huge memorial to Robert Watson who was born in Hamsterley in 1819 and died in Bishop in 1891. Funds were raised for the memorial by the people of Weardale and it was a bronze cast by a company in America. No-one can tell me who this man was or what he did to deserve such an honour. PLEASE tell me someone knows about him and his life.

“Thank you for any information you can give.”

Jonathan Peacock wrote:

“Frank Sanderson has got all the answers for you. If you give me your e-mail address, I will forward his documents to you. I am on peacock@mortonhodson.co.uk.”

Frank Sanderson sent a number of newspaper reports containing information on Robert Watson. These have been passed on to Edythe (The website team found her email address in the archives).

If you can help with any information, please respond via the ‘Leave a Reply‘ box at the foot of the page.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

pf button Watson

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>